How iLASIK Works
The first step toward an excellent visual outcome is in the preparation for surgery.
- Custom measurements are taken using WaveFront guided diagnostics. In only three seconds a 3D image is created using the iDesign WaveScan Studio mapping a “blueprint” of the eye. It measures and detects details and imperfections greatly reducing the chance for glares and halos. FDA studies show that LASIK performed using WaveFront guided technology may produce better visual outcomes than can be achieved with glasses or contact lenses.
- The flap is then created using the iFS Advanced Femtosecond Laser. This bladeless laser makes a flap with the diameter, hinge location and shape truly customized to the needs of the individual patient. The iFS technology has been shown to create a stronger, safer and more precise flap than any other laser technology.
- The Star S4 IR Laser with ActiveTrak Technology utilizes a cool beam to apply the CustomVue Treatment plan devised from the information obtained from the iDesign WaveScan to reshape the cornea.
- The self-healing flap is gently replaced and the procedure is complete.
- Antibiotic drops are applied.
Most people notice a dramatic increase in their vision immediately after the procedure and can return to work and other activities within 1-2 days.
To see if you are a good candidate for iLASIK, contact us at 856-205-1100 for your “Free to See,” no charge, LASIK in Vineland Consultation. Take our easy online LASIK Self-Evaluation now.